I can hardly believe the summer is coming to a close! I think like most of you I have spent the better part of my summer researching resources on the CCSS. For the 2012-2013 school year my school is focusing on implenting the ELA of the CC. I found some resources that I felt were worth sharing. I hope they will be helpful to you!
- Read Works Lesson Plans - FREE site that not only provides reading lessons based on CC standards, but also has a great resource for non-fiction reading options.
Close Reading Resources:
- The Art of Close Reading
- How To Do a Close Reading
- Read Write Think - Close Reading Lessons
- The Monroe Doctrine Close Reading Lesson
21st Century Skills & Common Core
- ELA & Literacy Resources - This resource is from the state of Kansas. Scroll down about halfway and you will find a list of literature than has already been reviewed for text complexity. Click on the title and you will taken to a diagram of the complexity of the book and grade level recommendation.